The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of its assigned projects from inception to completion; project assurance, planning, scheduling within budget and time, and staff motivation, as well as to conduct functional implementation and training when required.
The Project Manager will maintain an open communication with the Clients while cultivating their confidence and cooperation. The Project Manager is responsible for gathering the Client's needs and requirements and ensuring that all areas defining the project's scope are clear and well defined to both parties; the Client and DDD.
The Project Manager will plan, assemble, direct and organize the project's team by defining their roles and responsibilities. The PM will also be responsible for maintaining an effective and open communication with the project's staff, lead the project team's planning efforts and motivate the participation of the team in decision making efforts.
The Project Manager is responsible for defining the scope and boundaries of the project; defining the required tasks to successfully complete the project and develop a workplan to complete them; determine the time, money and personnel needed to complete the tasks; execute the plan and monitor the progress; and assess successes and failures. The PM should also establish delivery milestones, seek ways and means for productivity improvement, verify milestones achievements, and validate quality of deliverables against standards.
The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining all interested parties informed of the project's progress regarding time, money and resources, as well as providing forecasts of cash flow, final costs, work-in-progress, performance/productivity analysis, product delivery dates, and project completion.
In general, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall success of the project. Once the project starts, the Project Manger must successfully manage and control the work, including identifying, tracking, managing and resolving project issues; proactively disseminating project information to all interested parties; identifying, managing and mitigating project risks; ensuring that the solutions are of acceptable quality; proactively manage the scope to ensure that only what was agreed to is delivered, unless changes are properly approved; define and collect data to give a sense of how the project is progressing and whether the deliverables produced are acceptable, and manage the overall workplan to ensure work is assigned and completed on time and within budget.
- Establish and maintain (on a monthly basis) a detailed Master Progress Schedule.
- Review and prepare any required documentation regarding changes to the scope of work that may affect the progress of the project.
- Review extension of time requests by subcontractors and prepare any change management document required.
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate any project risks and/or issues that could affect the progress of the project.
- Establish and maintain a Master Budget/Cash Flow schedule.
- Review progress drawings and provide updated budget estimates including comparative quantities and costs.
- Review and evaluate required changes to the scope of work and revised the Master Budget accordingly. Prepare any required documentation regarding such changes for Client's approval.
- Analyze possible project alternatives that may result in savings to the project.
- Review, negotiate and approve bids by subcontractors, vendors and/or suppliers.
- Review, negotiate and approve any change order requests by subcontractors; prepare the required documentation for Client's approval.
- Review and approve subcontractors' Monthly Progress Payments.
- Responsible for cost control and cost reporting; cash flow projections and cost to complete reports.
- Supervise and monitor assigned projects in accordance with DDD's procedures and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered to clients on time, on budget and to specifications while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for proper contract administration and for obtaining all required permits, insurances and endorsements.
- Responsible for making all necessary decisions regarding team staffing, cost control, scheduling and subcontractor management.
- Implement any remedial measure necessary to ensure compliance with contract documents, specifications, established schedule and budget.
- Pre-qualify, approve and monitor performance of contractors, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Maintain proper project documentation for dispute avoidance.
- Review, analyze and defend Clients from any unjustified claims.
- Support the field office in any administrative task necessary to carry out a successful project.
- Establish safety procedures; verify all reported situations or deficiencies and correct any safety violation immediately.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all parties involved in the project.
- Hold periodical progress meetings with Owner.
- Supervise and train Assistant Project Managers in regards to DD&D's procedures and methodologies for proper project execution.
- Ensure timely communication of project status, progress and issues regarding time, cost and resources to Upper Management and Client by submitting Monthly Progress Reports.
- Report to Client and/or Architect about any modification deemed necessary to the project's plans and specifications that may affect, negatively or positively, the progress and cost of the project.
- Responsible for project close-out; complete as-built documentation, resolution of claims, finalization of subcontractors' progress payments, and preparation of project final account.
- Master Progress Schedule.
- Master Budget/Cash Flow Schedule.
- Monthly Project Progress Reports.
- Monthly Budget/Commitments/Cost to Complete Reports.
- Good planning and administrative skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to manage and lead professional staff to achieve a given objective.
- Ability to meet tight schedules and cost targets without compromising clients requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
- Masters in Construction Management preferred
- Professional license required
- Member in good standing of the CIAPR/CAAPPR
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of job related experience
- Knowledgeable of P6 and Project Management softwares
- Strong knowledge of local codes and regulations
- Highly experienced in managing and achieving client's expectations
- Varies with experience, seniority & performance