The Assistant Project Manager performs a supporting role, with varying tasks and responsibilities, which will contribute to the overall successful management of the assigned projects. The main responsibility of the Assistant Project Manager is to assist and support the Project Manager in the proper management of various projects; to ensure that projects are delivered to clients on time, on budget and to specification; and to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assist the Project Manager in establishing and maintaining the Master Progress Schedule.
- Assist in reviewing and preparing any required documentation regarding changes to the scope of work that may affect the progress of the project.
- Assist in reviewing extension of time requests by subcontractors and in preparing any change management document with the required supporting documentation
- Assist the Project Manager in establishing and maintaining the Master Budget/Cash Flow schedule.
- Assist in preparing studies, recommendation of materials and methods, and relative cost estimates. Provide detailed estimates of construction costs based on schematic documentation in a format suitable for historical documentation for budget control purpose.
- Review progress drawings and provide updated budget estimates including comparative quantities and costs.
- Assist the Purchasing Department in developing and maintaining a current list (database) of material/equipment prices, suppliers, and subcontractors to be used as a material/vendor source by the estimating and purchasing departments.
- Assist in contacting potential bidders (material suppliers and subcontractors) during the bidding phases, in order to stimulate interest in the project and to attract maximum bidder coverage of each bid package.
- Assist the Purchasing Department in the distribution of bid package documents to the Bidders, and in receiving and reviewing the bids.
- Assist in reviewing and preparing any required documentation regarding changes to the scope of work.
- Assist in reviewing change order requests by subcontractors and in preparing any change management document with the required supporting documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly certifications sent to Owners.
- Assist in the supervision and monitoring of assigned projects in accordance with DDD's procedures and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered to clients on time, on budget and to specifications while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Support the field office in any administrative task necessary to carry out a successful project.
- Verify that the field office is taking weekly pictures of the project's progress and that the daily reports are submitted on a weekly basis.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all parties involved in the project.
- Ensure timely communication of project status, progress and issues to the corresponding parties.
- As requested, submit accurate and timely reports to the Project Manager and/or Upper Management.
- Have complete knowledge of the contents and the processes involved to create the various documents used in construction management such as, but not limited to: Bid Package forms, Subcontract Agreements, Insurance requirements, Payment Requisitions, Change Orders, Purchase Orders, Requests for Information, Notices, Letters, Meeting Minutes, Trends, etc.
- Ensure timely expedition of required permits, submittals, drawing revisions, among other documentation.
- Coordinate with the Accounting Department the timely expedition and/or cost coding of all required documents, including but not limited to: insurances from sub or trade contractors, sub-contracts, Purchase Orders, invoices and material delivery tickets.
- Assist in the close-out of the subcontracts and the receipt of documentation in connection with those close-outs.
- Undertake other duties as directed by the Project Manager and/or DDD's Upper Management
- Required monthly construction management reports such as Submittals log, Drawings log, Specifications log, Trends log, among others.
- Monthly updated Schedule.
- Professional attitude with the ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to interface well with field personnel, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight schedules and work with minimal supervsion.
- Fully bilingual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture.
- Masters in Construction Management preferred.
- EIT or AIT licensed required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of job-related experience
- Knowledgeable of P6 and Project Management softwares.
- Knowledge of local building codes and regulations
- Varies with experience, seniority & performance